Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Please allow me to introduce...

Alright, this is my 3rd ever blog...following a livejournal and myspace...why change, because change is good, or so I hear.

What's Halfway to Everywhere?


I'd been trying to think of a name for my soon-to-be blog for a couple of days. Because of my infatuation with music, I knew it would reference a lyric or one of my favorite bands. Last night I put in Three Snakes and One Charm by the Black Crowes, and "Halfway to Everywhere" came on...It's not my favorite song by the Crowes, heck it's not even my favorite song off this CD, but the title rang a bell to me. I couldn't even recite any of the lyrical content if I tried right this second.
I just liked this idea of being Halfway to Everywhere. To me it implies that you're near where you would like to be ideally, but you're not quite there yet. Living in Richmond, Va a year ago, I would be 2 hours away from where I want to be...People ask about Richmond and the location, the response would be it's near the mountains, it's 2 hours from D.C., 2 hours from the beach, and my usual reply it's 2 hours from Raleigh, NC (the city of my alma mater and current residence). The same concept applies to Raleigh, we're between the ocean and mountains. It's an ideal area, it almost has the best of both worlds, but not quite...it's halfway.

This blog will serve some sort of purpose, maybe not for you, maybe so. It might be about life in general, maybe a CD or concert experience, perhaps something going on in the world, or maybe even a soapbox for me to lash out my opinions on various worldly matters, maybe a couple of anecdotes here and there. . I have no idea how often I'll update this thing, maybe every day, maybe once a week, maybe almost never...just how often I want to stir the pot, or perhaps how often it stirs me. And on that note, I'll be on my way to eveywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy journey man. It's a cool name no matter how it came to be.

B Ray said...

Hey thanks for checking it out mad...stop by some time.